Monday, June 28, 2010

2010 FIFA World Cup Noise

A few weeks ago there was a lot of Tweeting going on about the world cup so I decided to tune in to see how the game was going. When I was watching the game I heard some strange noises. At first I thought it was the audio signal gone bad but it never stopped. The sound kept going and going. Like a crap load of killer bees coming at you.  I did mute the sound but I wanted to hear the sport announcers since I don't understand football. But I had to change the channel because the noise was so annoying.

Yesterday my husband told me about vuvuzelas. I said what the heck is that? Apparently these are instruments (a horn) that people at the world cup were using to make that noise in the stadium. I went to You Tube to see what videos I could find and saw this one.




Now I know what a vuvuzela is and if you get enough of them together it sounds like killer bees...cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment